CleanCar is a solution that uses a small plug in GPS device or a Phone app to record when and how a driver uses their vehicle. Over a period of a few weeks or a few months (depends on requirements and seasonality) we build up a profile of the driver allowing us to:
- See if a driver’s vehicle usage is suited to an EV or not
- See which vehicle is best suited to this purpose
- Show potential cost saving by making the switch
- Recommend ideal charging requirements.
The process is as follows:
- Step 1 Define the Cohort: We work with a Fleet/Organisations to try and understand which users or groups of users are most likely to be suited to the restrictions and benefits of an EV. We then define this group and start a communication plan (outlined above)
- Step 2 Collect Data: A small GPS device is sent to these drivers, which is self installed into the 12v Cigarette lighter socket of the vehicle.
- Step 3 Collect Behaviours: The driver simply goes about their routine as normal. When the vehicle is used, the GPS position of the vehicle is recorded and sent via the mobile network to our big data portal.
- Step 4 Analysis: Once a suitable amount of data is recorded (anything from 2 weeks to 3 months depending upon requirements) the user can log in to see:
- Are they suited to an Electric Vehicle
- Which EV’s are best suited to their needs
- What will be the cost/saving of making the switch compared to a new version of their current vehicle
- What is the ideal location and type of charge point
- Step 5 Reporting: A report is provided to a fleet manager or manager of the organisation as well as the driver. All of this data is fully protected, Data Protection legislation compliant and is anonymised where required.
The final step is unique to your Fleet’s requirements and involves a consultative approach, to fine-tune and optimize how you make the switch to EV’s for those suitable drivers/vehicle duty rosters in your fleet.
Areas worth consideration include:
- The optimum way to fund your new vehicles, to maximize tax efficiency.
- Optimum lease/finance terms and mileage breaks
- Bulk purchase/lease discounts
- Mileage reimbursement
- CSR policy compliance and C02 reduction target performance